Zac and Phil discuss their disappointment with the lack of changes in the recent ban announcement for the Legacy format. They express frustration with the card Grief, its impact on the format, and the lack of communication and transparency from Wizards of the Coast. They suggest the need for a community committee to provide input and feedback on the format, and emphasize the importance of transparency and timely action from WotC.

• MysticKetchup@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    3 days ago

Honestly I think every format needs a community panel separate from Wizards to decide the BnR. I think people forget a lot of the time because Wizards usually does a good enough job most of the time, but when bans run against the bottom line (Oko, Hogaak, etc…) they always seem to come down on the wrong side.

The issue of course is A. Getting Wizards to do it and B. Getting the right people on it. Commander has a community-run panel but it feels like they’re far too lax and out-of-touch sometimes.

• Mike@mtgzone.comOPM
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      3 days ago

I totally agree. In this video one of the guys basically says whenever he sees a turn 1 Grief->Reanimate->Grief or an Initiative creature he just scoops and decides its not worth playing that game. I get that this on the extreme side, but when you have players activity deciding to just scoop instead of playing out a game, because of how mentally exasperating it is, I wonder what the f- are we even doing! This is a GAME. This screams to me local/community ban list. I were running a store and trying to get people to come out, I would just manage my own banlist, but a community created one would go the furthest I think.