Good Morning, fellow sobernauts, IWNDWYT 😁!

We may be anonymous strangers on the internet, but we have one thing in common. We may be a world apart, but we’re here together!

Welcome to the 24 hour pledge! I’m pledging myself to not drinking today, and invite you to do the same.

Maybe you’re new to c/stop drinking and have a hard time deciding what to do next. Maybe you’re like me and feel you need a daily commitment or maybe you’ve been sober for a long time and want to inspire others.

It doesn’t matter if you’re still hung over from a three day bender or been sober for years, if you just woke up or have already completed a sober day. For the next 24 hours, let’s not drink alcohol! We may be anonymous strangers on the internet, but we have one thing in common. We may be a world apart, but we’re here together!

• ickplant@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    3 days ago

Morning, IWNDWYT! My dog is getting major surgery today (TPLO), and I just dropped her off. My heart is hurting for her because recovery will be tough. But she is a strong girl, so I know she will be ok.

• CheesyGordita@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      3 days ago

Animals can be such amazing friends. I grew up with a couple of dogs and cats and now have two cats and they are my world. We had some medical work a few years ago for one of my cats so I feel you. I’m glad your pup is a strong girl and she has an awesome support in you. Best wishes and keep us updated! And post a pic sometime :)

• Skunk@jlai.lu
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    3 days ago

Today I want to make a mistake and I still don’t know if I will.

• rosamundi@lemmy.worldOPM
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      3 days ago

Can I suggest you play the tape forward, to tomorrow, when you’re hungover and sick? Think about how grim it is on day one (I have a photo to remind me, in all my hungover misery), and how awful that first week sober is as you try to rebuild your sobriety.

What are your sober supports? Can you lean into those? Listen to a podcast, read a chapter of some quit lit, maybe drop in on a meeting?

• Skunk@jlai.lu
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        3 days ago

That’s an idea, thanks.

I don’t have sober supports, I only knew that I will never achieve my entrepreneurial dream if I kept drinking. I also made a pact that my money will not touch alcohol.

And since last night I was thinking “well, maybe except for this Thursday evening 🤷🏻‍♂️”

But I was busy cleaning an old fridge since this morning and delayed going to the shop until I had at least finish the cleaning and assess later. Which is done now and I’m more tired than thinking about going to the store.