• krelvar@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      3 days ago

Didn’t change mine, but I’m the opposite of a low information voter, and just based on p2025 I’d vote for Weekend at Biden’s.

• tearsintherain@leminal.space
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      3 days ago

Did you think Trump could actually win back in 2016? I get what you’re saying, but it’s not me you have to worry about. It’s the voters who put him in office back in 2016, and the ones who still might again. Democracy being on the line may not be the best way to win voters or energize a base. The youth already feel betrayed. And dems suck at messaging.

• Lifecoach5000@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        3 days ago

I did not think Trump could win in 2016. I actually agree with all your points. I’m just a little baffled myself from this nonsense.

• bizarroland@fedia.io
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          3 days ago

I don’t always whip out the Bible to prove a point but all these like hateful so-called Christians who are rising up to injure their fellow man make me think of this line:

2nd Thessalonians 2:11-12:

And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Regardless of whether you believe in the Bible or anything like that, the fact that this scenario has been spoken about in the past indicates that it is a known sociological fallacy in human beings, that we as a group have a tendency to engage in hateful self-destructive behaviors while under a strong delusion that we are doing the right thing.

I just wish people could see that when you have 100 million Cassandras screaming at you that Rome is about to go down in flames that somebody who has access to the fire extinguisher could hear them and break the glass.

(Choosing the word Cassandra because Cassandra was a seer who was cursed so that nobody would believe her prophetic visions, and so she was bound to helplessly watch over and over again is horrible things happened)