Preferably things you could do to anyone

• smstnitc@lemmy2.addictmud.org
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

I had a coworker that was freaked out about xeyes, so we found out his root password and would ssh into it and start xeyes to stare at him. At first we’d take turns randomly starting just one, like on a conference call or just while he was intently staring at the screen. Eventually we just started filling his screen with them suddenly.

• Badoker@lemmy.nzOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

This is my first time hearing of xeyes… if those started appearing all over my screen I’d probably freak out too.

• smstnitc@lemmy2.addictmud.org
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

I forgot about xroach. That was some creepy shit. I don’t think we ever used it in this guy. He just made the mistake of mentioning xeyes creeped him out one time so we ran with it 😄

The four of us were all single and drinking buddies back then so we all got licks on each other one way or another back then.

• I'm back on my BS 🤪@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

The last screw in the coffin. The straw that broke the horse’s back. Hair of the wolf that bit you. Not my clown. Not my kids birthday party. The Sun never sets on Mercury. Barking up the wrong oak. Put all your geese in a row. Quit cold poultry. Tigers don’t change their stripes. Hit the bull’s nose. Pick someone’s mind.

• Shrek@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I like plugging a second wireless mouse into a coworkers computer. The secret is to be subtle about it. Just turn the mouse on and jiggle it slightly. Do that randomly over a series of days. If they don’t notice you can always get more aggressive with it.

• The Doctor@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Something I’ve been trying to teach myself without success: Saying every third word backwards in a conversation.

• I'm back on my BS 🤪@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

Ask them the same question is various ways multiple times, preferably several minutes or conversations apart. For example:

• Are you doing anything later?
    • What are you doing later?
    • Got any plans for after this?
    • Are you free later?

Once they catch on or start getting frustrated, suggest activities that conflict with their plans but would be rude to argue because you’re being caring or excited to partake:

• Maybe you could get some rest tonight.
    • Want to go on a drive with me to the beach?
    • There’s a video I saw on YouTube that is so pertinent to [something central to their current life]. I want to show it to you. proceed to pull up a 2+ hr documentary
    • Oh, my favorite restaurant is having a deal, I haven’t been in soooo long and starving. Let’s go for dinner!
    • I have a surprise for you later that I knowwww you’ll love. I’m so excited.

Note: This may damage your relationship with them or cause them to think you are mentally/emotionally unwell.

A separate idea is, when interacting with someone you meet occasionally, where the exact same outfit every time, but only wear that outfit around them. This would be even better if you share the same social circle because eventually they will bring it up to others that will disagree with them.

• Hexorg@beehaw.org
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I stick a post it note on my coworker’s mouse’s optical sensor. But every once in a while I unplug it too.

• Badoker@lemmy.nzOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I’ve seen a small bit masking tape works best for the optical sensor prank. You could probably feel a whole post it dragging on the bottom of the mouse.

I guess if the mouse is wireless you could take the dongle out and put it back inside the mouse, too.

• Hexorg@beehaw.org
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Oh I usually just tear a piece with glue on it from the whole note. The goal isn’t really to cause inconvenience but to remind them that I was there.