Hi, I am new to Kbin like many, but I have a few questions on usage. So far I’ve liked it, but I keep getting logged out after a bit of inactivity and it makes me enter my credentials when I decide to comment. Is there a way to make it keep me logged in? I was very used to having reddit be basically perpetually logged in and being able to interact easily without constantly having to enter my credentials.

Second, when I click on links from the various posts, it doesn’t open a new tab, and I end up closing the tab when done, and I don’t have a tab to return to my Kbin browsing. Is there a setting for all new links to be opened in a new tab? This was also functionality I used with reddit, although I don’t know if that was related to RES or reddit itself.

Lastly, speaking of the links, is there a way to make the link on the main page open the actual link to the external source instead of opening the post and comments? I feel like I am having to do extra clicks just to get to the content posted. I am used to viewing the content first, then going to the comments later if I choose to.

Thanks for any info and sorry if any of this has been asked before!

• kriss0706@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

but I keep getting logged out after a bit of inactivity and it makes me enter my credentials when I decide to comment.

You have to make sure to tick “Remember me” when you log in to your account.

when I click on links from the various posts, it doesn’t open a new tab

Ah yes. Sadly there is not an option for this, unless someone made an extension? I’m sure they will correct this in the future.

• saegiru@kbin.socialOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

You have to make sure to tick “Remember me” when you log in to your account.

Yeah, I’ve tried that but it eventually logs out - haven’t figured out how long it takes yet though. I’m just used to coming back to reddit even after reboots without having to relog.

• Unaware7013@kbin.social
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Do you get logged out when using it normally, or on browser closing? Might be a browser issue with cookies not being saved between sessions.