• ccryx
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

The behavior regarding search is to be expected: the community is only fetched after being searched like you did.

To the second point: I have read conflicting information on this. Some people wrote that only posts younger than the time the community was fetched will show up. Others have claimed that it’s the last 20 or so posts but that would be contrary to your experience. Maybe the servers just haven’t caught up yet.

• lotanisOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

It’s notably different from how it has worked with Lemmy instances. With Lemmy I can search by community name e.g. !nfl@kbin.social rather than the URL, and once I’ve done that it automatically pulls at least some recent content. It did this when I joined !knitting@lemmy.world for instance.

• ccryx
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Oh right, yeah either notation should work I believe, I’d chalk it (both) up to performance issues.

• Naminreb@kbin.social
        cake
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Try @nfl

It was hard to understand that, but that’s the nomenclature to use to find a lemmy community in kbin. Maybe that’s how it works in Lemmy to KBin as well.

• Kaldo@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I think when you finally link with a community you only get the new posts created from that point onwards, old content doesn’t get transferred unfortunately.

• lotanisOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

That’s not been true for me joining communities on other Lemmy instances.

• Kaldo@kbin.social
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Have you joined communities that someone was already subscribed to before you, or were you also the first person to add these communities to your instance? Otherwise I don’t know, that’s how I saw it behave but it could be just bugs or too much traffic.