• SendPicsofSandwiches@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 days ago

Anecdotally, I don’t think so. I used to do some work with a place that did a lot of charity work and would get together bi-weekly to talk about travel and have a banquet. The banquet was always prepared and served in accordance with the law, and there were often tons of leftovers. So we would give the leftovers to the homeless. The health department fined us because we weren’t allowed to serve food outside of our establishment.

• intensely_human@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 days ago

That’s what the to-go bags are for.

When I was living on the streets of Boston, one day a random dude showed up giving out McDonalds cheeseburgers. Didn’t look very official. He just rolled up with a big bag and started giving them out.

link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          9 days ago

The double cheeseburgers differ from the McDouble only in that the McDouble has one more slice of cheese.

The double cheeseburgers are also buy one, get one for $1. Here in denver that means $4.50 for two of them.

Probably the most bang for your buck if they’ve got the same deal going there.

link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 days ago

Did you have some kind of serve safe license that was limited? I wonder why the rules were different than a restaurant letting people take leftovers home.

Were you guys handing out huge trays of food like after thanksgiving or a party, like “who wants this half a turkey in these ziplock bags”, or was it more like a bunch of to go containers handed out?

Seems like the seal of government approval on a person’s ability to handle food safety should apply equally to serving in the restaurant and to prepping food for serving outside that building. Right? Just too complex to have it separated out like that.

• Rivalarrival@lemmy.today
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 days ago

Package the leftovers into “meals” (perhaps “family meals”). Have your people order those “meals” through Doordash.

Your people can then (optionally) sign into their Dasher accounts to make those deliveries.