• 93maddie94@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    6 days ago

So here’s one of our conundrums. Toys in the bath. Several months ago a little rubber duckie got caught under the tap when the tub was filling up. This sent our then 18 month old into a panic. We’ve had to completely remove toys from the bath and have only just been able to recently add them to the water after it’s filled up (before that toys even near the water would have her screaming, crying, and throwing them as far away as possible). Toys can stay in the water when it’s draining, but not filling. If the toys are in the empty tub she says “it’s okay. Toys okay.” but you’d think somebody was dying with the way she panics if there’s anything (even a wash cloth) in the tub while the water is on. She loves water otherwise.

• Kaiyoto@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    6 days ago

There are certain songs my child just balls over. There’s one about dinosaurs that Ms Rachel sings. One of the pop type songs on her barbie little people plane. I had to take the batteries out of a zoo train that made music. She doesn’t like Minecraft music. It’s just weird because they are all different kinds of music.

• hitmyspot@aussie.zone
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    7 days ago

We went upstairs at daycare to look for a missing waterbottle. End of day, all the kids are downstairs together when numbers start to droo., so lights were all off. He thought it was spooky but wasn’t scared.

Recently we saw a tree which was wet from rain but it looked lime it was bleeding. Same response. I didn’t mention that he thought it was spooky duentonthe blood analogy. I just said leaking, lol.