we’re so back (but i will be making a separate post for my circumstances)

• Elise@beehaw.org
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

I agree however I’d like to add that I do see piracy as being, at least partially, a social movement. Perhaps it isn’t apparent to everyone, or right now, and maybe it’ll never become anything, but still we should respect that there are different points of view on topics such as copyright. So I understand when people call it censoring when they have that point of view.

• acastcandream@beehaw.org
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      11 months ago

I just think vague gestures (not your doing) to someone’s personal interpretation of what free-speech is, which is generally “I should suffer no consequences for anything I say or do,“ hits a wall when it comes to asking somebody to host conversations and possible links to pirated content on their own servers. Especially when they are doing it on their own dime as a hobby and don’t have a legal team to protect them from the feds.

• Elise@beehaw.org
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 months ago

Yap it’s really up to the host to decide I think. And also there’s a huge difference between talking about piracy and actively sharing links.

• acastcandream@beehaw.org
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          11 months ago

Yeah I just can’t imagine running an instance. Minimum hundred dollars a month so I can constantly police content just to make sure people aren’t sharing CP or pirated content or otherwise illegal content all on my storage.