• dhork@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    18 days ago

Hmm, Jon Stewart has a lot of influence, like it or not. If he can get behind a movement to get Joe Biden to…

Stewart also noted he was not calling on Biden to step out of the race, but asked if Democrats could “open up” a larger conversation about their candidate.

Well, shit. We’re stuck with Joe, aren’t we?

• givesomefucks@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      18 days ago

He’s saying the bare minimum is an honest discussion and evaluation of Biden.

We’re not even getting that, were getting “buckle up buckaroos”

And being gaslight about valid doubts about an 81 year who just set the record for oldest US president ever is fit to go back to back…

• MiDaBa@lemmy.ml
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          18 days ago

No they didn’t. There were no primaries and no Democrat dared challenge Biden lest they face the party’s wrath.

• Zaktor@sopuli.xyz
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            18 days ago

If they watched the video, that was sarcasm. If they didn’t, it’s depressingly unclear.

• missingno@fedia.io
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      18 days ago

I didn’t think there was ever a realistic chance of replacing him, honestly. We are indeed stuck with Joe.

But I appreciate that Stewart acknowledges these concerns rather than trying to gaslight us about it.

• evatronic@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        18 days ago

I don’t think anyone seriously is claiming Biden is without issue. Only that now is too late to call for replacing him.

They are basically the “blue no matter who” people. I’ll probably be one this election too, considering the alternative.

• alekwithak@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          18 days ago

I’m not ‘blue no matter who’ I’m 'third parties mathematically cannot win the electoral college so I will vote strategically for whoever has an actual possibility of beating Trump, then down the ballot I am more free to vote with my conscience.

• Ledivin@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        18 days ago

But I appreciate that Stewart acknowledges these concerns rather than trying to gaslight us about it.

Has literally anyone ever said that Biden is awesome and will be amazing and there are no issues? Nobody is gaslighting anyone, we just don’t want Trump to ruin the country in completely irreversible ways.

• PunnyName@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      18 days ago

We were stuck with him a year ago. Unless you can turn back time and install ranked choice voting before primaries.

Thinking otherwise is delulu.