Hi All,

I have a 2022 Model 3 that I absolutely love! but there are a couple of things that I don’t fully understand.

1/ Sentry Mode - when I first got the car 15 months ago, I would have a fair few sentry mode notifications/recordings when I returned to the car after it had been parked up away from home, i.e. at work, in a car park, etc. but in the last few months I’ve had hardly any, maybe 2 in 6 months!!

2/ Cabin Overheat Protection - last week I was away on holiday for a week and left it parked in an open air car park at the airport for the 8 days I was away. When I parked I had 91% battery so I left sentry mode on so that I could see how much was used. I checked the app a few times while I was away and nearly everyday the cabin temperature was 48-53 degrees C, with an external temp of 26-29 degrees C (it has been very warm here in the UK last week). But as far as I can tell the C.O.P. didn’t kick in even though it is on and set to 40 degrees C.

I don’t subscribe to premium connectivity if that makes any difference.

Does anyone have any ideas?

TIA

• SonyJunkie@lemmy.worldOP
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Thank you. I wasn’t aware of the 12 hour cut off, I just assumed that because the app said it was on then it should be doing something.

I also posted this on Reddit and got some arsey replies, and effectively told to RTFM!

• Bp#9@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I’ve been generally mystified by the overheat protection, its like ‘keep’ mode (which I use all the time) but full time automatic and weaker (only blows the fans). I guess the point is to prevent semi-sensitive stuff from melting if left in the car w/o thinking about it and burn less power than just leaving the ac on on purpose.