except in like 2 years I’ll have to kill a secession here because I literally do not understand how to prevent secessions, at all, ever, they just happen inevitably no matter what until I crush them

• edge [he/him]@hexbear.net
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

Broke: colonizing China

Woke: taking back Olivença, creating Portugaliza, and freeing the Basque and Catalans in the process.

• Black_Mald_Futures [any]@hexbear.netOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

my first thought for a title was “now i’d like to take a moment, just sit right there, I’ll tell you all about how Portugal got here” but I decided it wasn’t funny enough

my portugal is all over the place, taking south africa r/n, the East India company helped me take Mysore, I’m bangin

link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

thx, it’s going even better now, I savescummed to the start of the war because the AI does wonky shit, like sometimes Britain will ask to join in for a treaty port in China, sometimes they demand one of my states (no thanks). If they ask to join in I can get war reps and these 3 states, but not if I have to ask daddy britain for help myself :/

but anyway, I got those war reps baby, my economy is juiced

• Comp4 [comrade/them]@hexbear.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    2 months ago

At first, I was shocked to see you have only 12 construction. Then I realized it’s only 1840. Saul Goodman. I have a bit over 10 days in which my workload should be pretty relaxed. I’m gonna try and see if I can get a full game of Vicky 3 done in that timeframe. On the other hand, I have too many other strategy games I want to play. Stellaris and Distant Worlds 2 are just two of them. I also wanted to give Master of Magic 2022 another serious try. Too many games, too little time. We really should abolish capitalism so I can fully focus my time on writing strategy game reviews for the proletariat.

Please continue your posts, I follow your campaign with great interest.

link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      2 months ago

I took the province to the east of Macau and the other two all in one war, with war reps from Qing too, thanks to Britain’s army fuckin’ them up

I would have just taken Guangdong but I’m not sure if doing that ends Macau’s effect as a treaty port (no bureaucracy cost, tariff free trade routes, also I don’t think they can embargo me because they fucking HATE me but are gobbling up all the opium and oil on the british market that I can sell to them)