• henfredemars@infosec.pub
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

I built a Dwarf Fortress fort and everybody died because I breached a cavern with a Forgotten Beast in it, and then my miner proceeded to sleep on the exact tile of the breach thereby blocking me from ordering others to close the hole.

• bionicjoey@lemmy.ca
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

John Mulaney and Bill Hader are such legends for keeping that going for such a long time.

• neidu2@feddit.nlM
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

Due to summer vacation for all of my kids, there’s not a whole lot I can do during daytime, so hobbies have to wait until late evenings. For the past while, these hours have mostly been spent, in no particular order:

1. Hacking together a shell script to force my keyboard into behaving in better ways than originally intended (There are a million better uses for caps lock).

2. Playing guitar.

3. Playing Project Zomboid with a few friends of mine.

4. Playing War for the Overworld. As a Dungeon Keeper fan back in the day, I was thrilled to learn about its spiritual successor recently.

• Color 🎨@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

I am most definitely not drawing a creature design I’m obsessed with, not at all!!

Spoiler: it’s a Turbinid-Dragon from Made In Abyss! Also the creature in my icon 😃

• bionicjoey@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    2 months ago

I’ve been doing a crazy amount of prep for my pathfinder 2e game. I’ve made a pretty big and deliberate deviation from the published adventure, and as they say: “well well well, if it isn’t the consequences of my own actions!”

Basically the adventure takes place in one small town, but the adventure is largely “about” the neighbouring city. So I decided to help the players get more invested in that city I would move one of the important plot coupons to that city so that they need to go there and get it. Great idea, except now I’m having to prep a whole bunch of extra content and worldbuild an entire city.

Edit: I also had this idea to incorporate a rival adventuring party who will show up soon and so I’ve been having to create a whole squad of 3-dimensional NPCs.

• waz@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

Fixed some holes in a free sailboat I got off Craigslist. Hoping to wire up a trailer harness today and sail it this weekend.

It’s my first time doing fiberglass repair, so I’m keeping my fingers crossed that it wont sink.

• wjrii@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

I finished up my latest mechanical keyboard. For this one, I designed the layout and the circuit board that connects the keys (not the brains though, that’s a Rasp Pi Pico), designed and 3D-printed the case, and lasered the Masonite plates that hold the switches and seal up the bottom. I’ve been doing about one every month or two for the past year and I need to find something to do with them all, LOL.