• Riccosuave@lemmy.worldOP
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    2 months ago

Nate Silver who had a pretty credible claim to cutting through all the math and bad methodology into a decent look at what’s going on gives Biden a 25% chance to win.

So even you admit using your own methodology that this election is going to be like shooting fish in a barrel for Trump. Got it 👍

• mozz@mbin.grits.dev
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      2 months ago

It’s interesting to me that you’re not upset about that prediction. You sound happy about it.

link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        2 months ago

No matter how much you try to smuggle that intent onto my statements it won’t make it true. You’re neither a mind reader, nor a particularly effective advocate for your own arguments. Go take your piss poor use of unpersuasive rhetoric somewhere else.

link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            2 months ago

As @jordanlund already said, national polling is meaningless because the popular vote does not determine the outcome of the election. I have not ever cared about national polling beyond the tertiary value of perhaps better understanding the aggregate sentiments of the country.

• mozz@mbin.grits.dev
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              arrow-down
              ·
              2 months ago

Idk dude. A week ago you were insisting that swing state polling wasn’t what was important, it was something else that let you paint a gloomy narrative.

I mean, your central point that things look grim, I agree with somewhat. It just sounds like you’re putting more energy into arguing for it, using whatever is to hand, than into trying to fix it.

link
                fedilink
                arrow-up
                arrow-down
                ·
                2 months ago

Pretty weird thing to insinuate yourself since what I actually said was THE EXACT FUCKING OPPOSITE 😂

• mozz@mbin.grits.dev
                  link
                  fedilink
                  arrow-up
                  arrow-down
                  ·
                  2 months ago

I think this conversation has run its course and I wish you a pleasant evening