Nowadays Windows is filled with adware and is fairly slow, but it wasn’t always like this. Was there a particular time where a change occurred?

• Excrubulent@slrpnk.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    2 months ago

Way to prove you’re not a toxic asshole - aggressively misunderstand me and then laugh about it.

EDIT: I leave this comment, then it gets downvoted along with every comment on my profile for at least one page worth of comments. That’s another way to prove you’re the reasonable one I guess.

• Sethayy@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

Hey I havent down voted anything if it helps.

To get a bit more philosophical I think it’s almost important there’s assholes like me in the Linux community; its growing desktop share is great but at the end of the day you have to WANT to use it to make full use of Linux as a tool, and if you are hellbent on finding problems with it you can just leave if you’re not having fun - were not like Microsoft, nor will follow its customs.

• Excrubulent@slrpnk.net
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 months ago

If that’s what you think then you’re admitting it will never succeed as an operating system.

• Excrubulent@slrpnk.net
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 months ago

Also:

if you are hellbent on finding problems with it you can just leave if you’re not having fun

This is exactly the kind of gaslighting I said you should stop doing.