• Ensign_Crab@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    2 months ago

Hilary was subject to one of the longest running smear campaigns I can remember. The right started pounding her years before she ever got near the Oval Office.

Add to that, she earned the resentment of Obama supporters in 2008 and Sanders supporters in 2016. And I bet Harris would bother to campaign in swing states.

• mipadaitu@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      2 months ago

AND she still probably would have won if Comey didn’t drop another “but her emails” bombshell immediately before the election. It was completely inappropriate and allowed Trump to just barely squeak into office. One that had no legal teeth, and resulted in no legal issues after the election.

And she still won millions more votes, just in the wrong places.

• Zaktor@sopuli.xyz
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 months ago

That she won the popular vote and was within spitting distance of winning the EC despite all these issues should put to rest the idea that a woman can’t win, but the “I’m not sexist, but” people keep using it as justification for only running straight white men. Not to mention that since then the biggest winning issue in politics seems to be abortion, so if anything the environment is even more primed to accept female leadership.