• meep_launcher@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      2 months ago

✅ Military experience. We may need a leader who knows first hand the danger they are putting our young men and women in.

✅ Governing experience (if you can be a community organizer, peanut farmer, or reality TV star, being a mayor is absolutely legitimate experience)

✅ Federal experience

✅ I’m gonna say it- in hindsight he managed the rail union strike amazingly well. He avoided a supply chain catastrophy, then a few months later got the union the sick time they need. He had his cake and ate it too.

✅ Medicare for those who want it is a realistic plan. It’s it perfect? No. But it’s better and more importantly can pass through Congress.

I fully expect comments to fully support this take without any criticism for a center left candidate who doesn’t plan on tearing down capitalism brick by brick./s

• WhatTrees@lemmy.blahaj.zone
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        2 months ago

Also, I’m gonna say it, I’d love to vote for a gay man. I’d love to see the GOP desperately try to bite their tongue knowing that the overwhelming majority of Americans wouldn’t support them saying “don’t vote for the f*****” which we all know they’d want to say so damn hard. You know they’d end up slipping up and showing their true colors which could help turn people away.

• Jollyllama@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 months ago

All of that and he does SO much better than any one else I’ve seen on interviews. If he isn’t president this year he’ll run in 2028.