Literally none of you really understand what you are mocking, and 95% of your ‘knowledge’ comes from memes and corporate news.

It is impossible to have a decent discussion with any of you, and I have been trying for YEARS.

Every circumstance is filled with ‘gotcha’ intellectual dishonesty parroted from whatever spike haired edgelad streamer you watched this week with ZERO of your own ideas in the mix.

HOW the FUCK can you hold a position that you can’t even defend without devolving into strawmanning and meme repetition? It staggers me how casually all of you just slip into this comforting ignorance that is immune to any discourse.

To be clear, I am NOT a conservative evangelical and I probably hate them more than you do, but none of you will care because ALL theists are the same to you as those ‘God hates fags’ protesters.

Oh I fucking hate every one of you but I still hate conservative evangelicals worse.

At least most of you edgelad ratheists aren’t trying to bring fascism to American.

• Angry_Autist (he/him)@lemmy.worldOPM
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    2 months ago

I don’t think you understand how many atheists I have spoken with and how fuckdamn similar every one of you are in your retreat to intellectual dishonesty when the conversation gets even slightly tough.

I’m not sure what your little tribal daydream has to do with the world as it is now but I think you are making fantasies that don’t exactly match up with the anthropological record and basing assumptions on that fantasy for your worldview.

At least I have a fucking book to tell me my made up history. You just decided to go and make one up on your own.

link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        2 months ago

Oh I understand, I was an atheist myself for more than a decade, it’s just that I was wrong and so are you but not for the reasons you think, and those reasons are impossible for you to understand until you have experienced more of the world.

It’s like when people say ‘Oh you autists can’t understand hierarchies’.

No bitch, we understand them fine, we just know they are stupid and detrimental.

Same with your infantile edgeladism.

link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            2 months ago

Don’t think it makes you special, I attack basically everyone. Have you not read literally anything I’ve posted?

1. Mainly by the texture and pattern of your text and how ill formed your replies are, mid 20s I would guess, middle class or close to it, smarter than most of your friends but you don’t have that big of a group to compare to. You might be older but then that would make your friend cadre uncomfortably young in comparison but who am I to judge of you as a 30 year old like hanging out with younger people, but I’m pretty sure you’re 27 at the absolute oldest. You will of course deny all of this so you can win your internet argument, but I’m done paying attention to anything you have to say today.

C} No you don’t want a real discussion, your ridiculous ‘it just hit me in the head’ story is proof of this. I’m sure that’s how you’ve convinced yourself it’s happened but life doesn’t have a narrative outside of the one we craft for ourselves. When people make up those narratives, they are noticeably different from people recounting events.

And lastly, while you were being a smug little fucknugget in my sub, I actually found 2 people with the intellectual honesty to have a discussion and I’ve been having a blast over there.