I just wanted to share that you can disable google play store on stock Android and not lose that much functionality, if for any reason you use an app that require Google play store or you want to make a play store purchase, you can enable it again.

I personally disabled it and I get my apps from Aurora Store, ApkPure and Droidify.

It decreased my phone battery usage by a lot and I am less dependent on google overall.

• Uriel238 [all pronouns]@lemmy.blahaj.zone
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    2 months ago

I WANT to disable the Samsung store but that can’t be done in options. I’ll have to figure out how to brute force it.

Bookmarked to look at the other store options.

• randomcruft@lemmy.sdf.org
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

Not 100% sure on Samsung specific apps but, UAD makes life easier when trying to debloat Android phones.

I’m not directly affiliated with the development, I just thinks a cool tool. The more people using / contributing the better it will get.

Universal Android Debloater

• Chemical Wonka
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      2 months ago

You can disable or uninstall Samsung bloatware apps using ADB. On Github u can find a list of apps that are safe to disable or even uninstall.

• Upstream7564
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

You can do it via ADB. If you like you can try out Hail, Canta or universal Debloater.

• ModerateImprovement@sh.itjust.worksOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      2 months ago

Depending on the phone model you could wipe your phone and flash a custom ROM, or use universal android debloater. If you decided to use the debloater make sure to back up your important files(I don’t know how does Samsung boot loader deal with debloater and if it would make your phone stay in a booting loop forcing you to boot into recovery mode), what ever you decide to do don’t root your phone.

I don’t know if there is a third way.

• shekau@lemmy.today
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        2 months ago

what ever you decide to do don’t root your phone.

Why??? Rooting android phone gives you complete control of your phone. You can install Xposed modules and you can control your phone whatever you like.

However rooting is also big security risk and most of the phone models dont support rooting. Cant say much here because I’ve never done that.