• mannycalavera@feddit.uk
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

He played the sax 🎷 on TV to get elected and then had sex in the oval office with that intern. Ahhh those were more innocent times.

• Norgur@fedia.io
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

Remember the outrage! A president who didn’t tell the truth about his sex life right away was unthinkable!

• archonet@lemy.lol
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        2 months ago

More than that, we tried to impeach him for it! Imagine that, our politicians being held accountable for their dishonesty.

• chuckleslord@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          2 months ago

No, they tried to impeach him. They were just looking for any angle to do it with. They assigned an open ended special prosecution to find something, anything they could use and Clinton decided to perjure himself on it. It wasn’t noble

• archonet@lemy.lol
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            edit-2
            2 months ago

Listen, I’m not saying Clinton wasn’t rad as a president – he was – but I’d also say him cheating on his wife wasn’t very “noble”, either. Nor was lying about it on TV to the entire country after getting caught.

Yeah, I know, it’s Hillary, but still not a cool thing to do.

• Tryptaminev@lemm.ee
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              arrow-down
              ·
              2 months ago

From that perspective i found it insane that she stayed with him and then tried to become president herself. Gal, you sucked it up to your cheating husband, because of your power greed. This is a red flag larger than at the Sowjet parades.

• Kusimulkku@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 months ago

It’s pretty funny

During the deposition, Clinton was asked “Have you ever had sexual relations with Monica Lewinsky, as that term is defined in Deposition Exhibit 1?” The judge ordered that Clinton be given an opportunity to review the agreed definition. Afterwards, based on the definition created by the Independent Counsel’s Office, Clinton answered, “I have never had sexual relations with Monica Lewinsky.” Clinton later said, “I thought the definition included any activity by [me], where [I] was the actor and came in contact with those parts of the bodies” which had been explicitly listed (and “with an intent to gratify or arouse the sexual desire of any person”). In other words, Clinton denied that he had ever contacted Lewinsky’s “genitalia, anus, groin, breast, inner thigh, or buttocks”, and effectively claimed that the agreed-upon definition of “sexual relations” included giving oral sex but excluded receiving oral sex

• mannycalavera@feddit.uk
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          2 months ago

This is the most lawyer thing I’ve read. Hahaha. I totally forgot about that.

Yes I abused my position of power to get head from a junior intern. But… the rules are the rules, what you gonna do?

• IsThisAnAI@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        2 months ago

Bro sexually assaulted an intern in the White House. Let’s not pretend it was just sex life.

• tinyVoltron@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          2 months ago

He did not sexually assault Monica Lewinsky. It was a consensual relationship. He was accused of lying about it in a deposition. That was the alleged crime.

• curbstickle@lemmy.dbzer0.com
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            2 months ago

To be clear about what happened - she did say (maybe about ten years ago, post me- too), that she realizes Clinton took advantage of her. That doesn’t change her opinion overall that it was consensual, but she recognizes the power imbalance played a role in what she did.

That’s the part being pointed out by the other commenter.

link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              ·
              2 months ago

She was absolutely taken advantage of. At best, the whole thing is unseemly. But there is a very large gap between “sexually assaulted” and being taken advantage of.

• curbstickle@lemmy.dbzer0.com
                link
                fedilink
                arrow-up
                arrow-down
                ·
                2 months ago

That’s the debatable part. Given the absolutely massive power imbalance, can it be consensual?

From my perspective, I think it’s important to take Ms. Lewinsky’s opinion and consider it to not be sexual assault, she’s had about 30 years of reflection on it and where she landed is consensual.

But I can understand, given the power imbalance and how that has been used historically to force others into a sexual relationship, how it can be viewed as sexual assault.

• ✺roguetrick✺@lemmy.world
                  link
                  fedilink
                  arrow-up
                  ·
                  2 months ago

That’s a hard one to delineate though. Is any sexual contact with the President of the United States consensual? Can the President only get a reach around from Xi Jinping?

link
                  fedilink
                  arrow-up
                  ·
                  2 months ago

I would agree except for the fact that she actively pursued him. He didn’t just pick her out of a crowd. She made it a point to be near him. He should have known better than to go there but she initiated the whole thing.

• IsThisAnAI@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            2 months ago

Lololol whatever you need to tell yourself.

Most powerful man in America is getting head from a 22 year old in office who had come out afterwards and said she was pressured and it was unwanted but your going to go to bat.

But grab her by the pussy is just locker room talk 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• rayyy@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            2 months ago

Compare that to the orange felon who lies and crimes non-stop, so much so that people cannot possibly focus on any one offense.

• yemmly@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

Also older than George W. Bush and Obama. And Al Gore. Not famously old Dick Cheney, but it’s close. Dan Quayle, George H. W. Bush’s VP, is younger.

• aleph@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    2 months ago

Both are older than the state of Israel, FFS.

• PriorityMotif@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        2 months ago

Joe Biden was the old white conservative to balance out a slightly less conservative black president.

• Tryptaminev@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

So was every US president except Obama during their term.

It only shows how much of a construct Israel is, as opposed to a representative of the actual people living there.

• aleph@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        2 months ago

Yes, but the point is we are now in 2024. All those other presidents are either dead or retired.

• InternetUser2012@lemmy.today
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

Trump should drop out, he’s too old, has the dementia, cheated on his pregnant wife, is a rapist, a racist, and so far has 34 felonies. Very unfit to lead our country.

• yemmly@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

Also, when he served as VP, Cheney was 20 years younger than than Trump is now. Wrap your head around that.

• Adub@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

The grandson of President Eisenhower who is the name for Camp David is a bit younger than them too.

• souless@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    2 months ago

So if I have my facts in order; felons and the senile are not only allowed but cheered on for our next leader. Sorry America look up from your phone and see with your eyes how our way of life is going to keep getting worse until major change happens. It is not as simple as a battle between two parties. Our way of government has been compromised.

• TokenBoomer@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

It’s tragic that America is so polarized and propagandized with misinformation (myself included), that I think it’s going to have to learn the hard lessons of fascism.