• Grimy@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    2 months ago

I love the idea of this and tried achieving it twice in my life. It sadly becomes incredibly difficult to stay awake after the fourth day or so and you need to do it for a whole week at the minimum before your body acclimates.

It was a nice experience though, I was surprised by the strength of the visual hallucinations I was getting just from lack of sleep.

• agamemnonymous@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

The sticking point is that your body acclimates to sleeping at exactly your set nap times. If you miss or delay a nap, you’re screwed. If you have total control of your schedule (i.e. work remote with no meetings, no kids, no other spontaneous responsibilities) you can make it work. Otherwise, not recommended.

• VelvetStorm@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      2 months ago

What are you talking about? This is about sleeping multiple times a day, not skipping sleep for days at a time.

• Grimy@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        2 months ago

For the first week, it will feel like you are skipping sleep. It’s basically rewiring your body to go straight into REM sleeping when it normally takes a few hours but that rewiring takes time.

I was taking the scheduled naps and everything, it just doesn’t give any relief for the first week.