I’m interested to see what lemmy thinks of this, I honestly haven’t kept track of the potential options.

• CaptainSpaceman@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

The anti Bernie propaganda is scared of people rallying around him since Bidens departure

Theres no real replyabout his “betrayal”

• qprimed@lemmy.ml
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        2 months ago

yeah, and everyone knew exactly which accounts they would be.

• Andy@slrpnk.net
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      2 months ago

While I don’t traffic in such forceful language, I can answer what @criitz means:

Bernie Sanders raised millions of dollars on the promise to lead a political revolution. For many supporters, that proposition was taken literally. They thought that his campaign was not simply a vehicle to give him the power of the presidency, but was the organizing structure for a persistent movement of activists reengaging with democracy each and every week BETWEEN elections. And when he dropped out, a lot of those people lost their connections to social and organizing structures that were giving them hope and an outlet for meeting like-minded people to find ways to make their communities better. So when he ended his campaign and all that money and infrastructure got instantly packed up and taken away, they felt like they’d been misled.

Some found their way into activism through the DSA or climate groups, but for many, the way in which he disbanded his campaign without following through on the implied promise to transform it into something durable was a very unexpected and painful surprise.

• criitz@reddthat.com
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 months ago

I see, thank you for explaining. I believe Bernie has done pretty much everything he could for decades, but I get how people may have felt misled. It can be very disheartening to try and enact real change in this country.

• kobra@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 months ago

i hadn’t heard this angle articulated before, thanks for sharing.