Either self-hosted or cloud, I assume many of you keep a server around for personal things. And I’m curious about the cool stuff you’ve got running on your personal servers.

What services do you host? Any unique stuff? Do you interact with it through ssh, termux, web server?

• not_amm@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

For local use only I use Docker Rootless hosting:

• SearXNG (with some modifications, like not using Redis nor Caddy)
    • FreshRSS
    • Jellyfin (for my small collection of series and movies)
    • Gotify
    • Stirling-PDF
    • PiHole (more as an experiment, rather than looking for a complete DNS solution since I can’t change my router’s DNS)
    • Paperless-NGX (I don’t use it much, it’s more as an experiment)
    • Homer
    • DokuWiki

I’ve found problems using Docker Rootless and Tumbleweed as my server’s OS, since some configurations are different and some containers don’t even work, but I’ve also learned a lot :)

• floquant@lemmy.dbzer0.com
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      2 months ago

I can’t change my router’s DNS

Do you mean you can’t change the DNS server in the DHCP settings or the server the router itself uses? In the first case you might be able to use Pi-Hole’s DHCP server instead, while for the latter it shouldn’t be an issue - I actually usually leave upstream servers configured there to avoid loops. BTW, you might also be able to flash OpenWRT to your router

• not_amm@lemmy.ml
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 months ago

Nothing for Redis since it’s optional and I had problems running SearXNG with it. For Caddy, I forgot to mention that I use Nginx-Proxy-Manager as my reverse proxy for HTTPS hehe

• lemmyingly@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

You could turn off the DHCP server on your router and let your server handle it. You can then tell your clients to use Pi hole via the DHCP running on your server