• Mossy Feathers (They/Them)@pawb.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      2 months ago

Christ. How much you wanna bet that the GOP is going to try and push him out like the Dems did with Biden, but unlike Biden, Trump decides to turn on them and rip the party apart.

• Stern@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 months ago

One of the R core strengths is falling in line. Not a chance they even whisper about ditching Trump.

• Blackmist@feddit.uk
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 months ago

Stop, you’re making me hard!

It won’t happen though. Trump has the GOP over a barrel and they both know it. Him splitting the vote and causing both to lose would only stroke his ego.

• UnderpantsWeevil@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        2 months ago

How much you wanna bet that the GOP is going to try and push him out like the Dems did with Biden

Dems were genuinely disappointed and embarrassed by Biden.

Repubs have deified Trump.

I will put enormous sums on him riding through to the general.

• Delusional@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 months ago

Yeah trump ain’t gonna stop running since it’s the only thing keeping him out of prison. He’s literally only running to serve himself.

• jj4211@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        2 months ago

The thing is in the wake of the 2022 elections, it seemed briefly like the GOP might actually grow a pair and throw the Donald under the bus for screwing up what they thought should have been a cakewalk. And they came back, even though he lost in 2020, his taint spoiled 2022, but they hope that he will take it in 2024.

If he loses yet again, then I imagine GOP will finally just start expelling Trump and his minions hard.

link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          2 months ago

Hard to expel folks that are the foundation of your party. Trump isn’t an outlier, he’s the crux of the movement. People literally worship him, like some kind of Florida Pharaoh. He can’t be removed. He’s grafted to the party’s soul.

• PrettyFlyForAFatGuy@feddit.uk
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      2 months ago

He was literally just made the official republican nominee this weekend wasn’t he? I think that ship may have sailed. maybe that’s why they waited until now for Biden to drop out. Trap him in the race with a much younger and much more charismatic opponent

• Zachariah@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 months ago

If we can humiliate Donald with a Harris landslide, then I guess it’s okay if he stays for that.

link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    2 months ago

Haley will be more than happy to run as the “Told you so” candidate in 2028. Her only problem is four more years of the GOP getting even more misogynist.

• meowMix2525@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

Yeah well too bad she already endorsed Trump at the RNC and these fucks can’t ever admit to being wrong