• Zachariah@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

People are saying Donald is going to drop out now, too, and he’ll claim he demonstrates unity even better than Biden.

• bquintb@midwest.social
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      2 months ago

dropping out for the good of the country takes character. not a Biden fan, but, as a human, Biden has more character in his fingernail clippings than Trump in his whole being…he simply wouldn’t be able to it.

• hitmyspot@aussie.zone
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 months ago

Not that he wouldn’t be capable of it, he wouldn’t even understand it. He would think its an error. Selfless acts are not in his understanding. Its all about self preservation and aggrandizement.

• radivojevic@discuss.online
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

By people you mean US, not THEM. Trump is gonna double down. Hopefully he becomes too exhausted to run. Or, breath, whatever.

• BudgetBandit@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    2 months ago

Yes and so! Donald Trump’s dropout will be better! It will be way better, maybe the best dropout ever. It will be such a good dropout, it will make all other dropouts look like dropins, that’s how good of a dropout it will be!

• babeuh@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

A lot of people, the best people, have told me that my dropout would be amazing. Amazing.

• InternetUser2012@lemmy.today
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

I think the republikkklowns would have a better chance winning if they got a normal human to run, BUT since Dementia Don (the racist rapist with 34 felonies) won’t drop out, they have no chance in winning.

• HakFoo@lemmy.sdf.org
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    2 months ago

Since so much of Trump’s rationale is to get into a position where he’s out of legal jeopardy, U’m amazed nobody’s tried the plea deal switcharoo: end your candidacy and we’ll give you immunity. Come November 6th, the judge throws out the deal. I’m pretty sure there’s been at least one Law & Order doing that, although the President was played by a guest star in an orange wig.

• Why should he? His Supreme Court is prioritizing hearing, and knocking down cases against him faster than they can be brought. He’ll just keep appealing everything until it’s before the SP, where it’ll get thrown out.

Why should he plea bargain?

• demizerone@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    2 months ago

My conspiracy theory is Joe ran out the clock so Democratic party establishment is forced to go with Kamala. The inner circle knew he was toast and still decided to have the debate in June. I don’t ever remember presidential debates being that early. They were always in the fall. Dem party was backsliding on Kamala for sure.

• anticolonialist@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    2 months ago

My money is on Biden’s health has taken a nosedive. Or he’s already dead. Nothing from the WH, WH press secretary didn’t hold a press conference today.