I’m doing a quick review of the Addons that I am using on my Windows PC. I’ve had a look at some of the previous posts to try to get an idea of where things are at

Currently I have the following Container related Addons but I think things have moved on a bit since I looked at this.

This means that opening Facebook and Google automatically goes into relevant containers and using Switch I can create separate containers for Work, Banking etc.

I noticed that I’m not using Mozzilla’s Multi-Account Containers

Ideally I’d like to be able to:

• Have Facebook and Google Open in their own containers
  • Potentially open separate containers for different Google Accounts
  • Allocate other domains to open by default in a specific container (e.g a list of Bank websites into a specific container) but be able to override that
  • Have links from Thunderbird open in relevant containers

What are people using in terms of Container addons?

• chaospatterns@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

You can sign into multiple accounts into the same website in different tabs. I use this to be able to sign into many different AWS accounts for work where AWS doesn’t natively support this.

• MangoPenguin@lemmy.blahaj.zone
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

I’m curious too, they’re great for managing multiple accounts on services that don’t natively support multiple. But as far as I know from a privacy perspective I’m not sure they have any advantage anymore.