• LesserAbe@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    2 months ago

You’re right people should have high expectations of crowd strike since it’s a well funded company, and they should provide better support to the random project with a single maintainer.

That said, is there any indication crowd strike is a “move fast and break things” company? Sometimes people just fuck up, even if they don’t have a crazy ideology.

• LazaroFilm@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      2 months ago

You want proof they move fast and break things? They pushed an untested software update with auto update without rollout phases. How’s that for move fast? As for break things, well, do I need to explain?

• LesserAbe@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        2 months ago

Not sure why you’re being aggro. I asked if this is part of their corporate identity. Zuckerberg went around literally advocating for that approach. Plenty of other companies are shitty without explicitly calling for that specific philosophy.

• Voroxpete@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

Q: We really appreciate everything you’ve shared. To finish up, what is one question you wish I’d asked and how would you have answered?

A: I’ll give you the fun one, which is, we know racing as part of CrowdStrike. Why is that? What does all that mean? It’s a couple of things. One, it’s part of CrowdStrike. Many have probably seen us. If they’ve watched Formula One or Netflix, we’re big sponsors there and we’re pretty active in the US as well. And I think it’s been a great platform for us to gather like-minded customers together to spend some time talking about security in the industry and also understanding that, to your original comment, speed is critical for security. Speed is critical in racing as well. And if you could combine great technology like Formula One and CrowdStrike and speed together, that’s a winning proposition and the details matter, right? If you take care of the details, the little stuff takes care of the big stuff. And that’s just part of our DNA. I think it’s [speed] has served us really well.

https://www.crowdstrike.com/blog/customers-conviction-speed-a-conversation-with-george-kurtz-ceo-and-co-founder-at-crowdstrike/

• Live Your Lives@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 months ago

I would assume he means speed in regards to catching malicious software and not speed of development, do you have a reason to think otherwise?