Hello y’all. I am taking a break in the midst of my workout and thought to write this post. I recently increased the weight of the two dumbbells I’m using, so now both of them are 6kg.

I definitely notice the difference from 5kg each, and even though I can’t finish all of my workouts because of exhaustion, I don’t want to beat myself up too much over it. I’m getting stronger each time I workout, and eventually I’ll be able to finish them all fully.

Anyway, I’ve been strength training for a few weeks now and I notice a difference. Maybe it’s delusion or wishful thinking, but I like my body better now, I feel stronger and more energetic. I’ve been thinking about picking up boxing as well, and my dad just ordered one of those big boxing sacs that you punch (like you see frustrated husbands doing in shows), so that’s fun.

Y’all got any exercise stories to share or advice for beginners like myself? Any other women in here who strength train? Would be fun to hear from y’all, no matter who you are. (: Cheers!

• berryjam@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    vor 2 Monaten

Me ✋ I’ve been lifting for a year now, so idk how qualified I am to offer advice, but I’ll say don’t lift in running shoes, the barbell is easier to lift than it may seem, and consistency is king. Oh, and make sure you sleep and eat enough. I have noticeable biceps and my forearms no longer fit into my fav shirt… but nobody notices my arm gains because of my boobs lol