• Psionicsickness@reddthat.com
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    2 months ago

Well Wikipedia considers it a war, I bet the poor mother fuckers that died think so too, but that list has 7 other conflicts that Obama started, weirdly there isn’t a single one by the ultimate mega hitler everyone is talking about.

• Nightwatch Admin@feddit.nl
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      2 months ago

Megahitler closed a “don’t shoot while I’m running away” deal with the Taliban that Biden had to mop up, now you can hate on Sleepy Joe as much as you want, but that is Drumpf’s doing.

• mecfs@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      2 months ago

Another day, another comment I’ll block for stupidity.

The 10 people who died in the defense of merchant ship from houthis is totally comparable to the tens of thousands of homeless people, protestors, victims of police violence, inability to pay for medical care, resulting from Trump era policies, not to mention what banning abortion will do.

link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        2 months ago

I’m not trying to defend Trump, I’m just saying that the proposition that all Democrats are bloodless pacifists is completely removed from reality.

• dariusj18@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

Megahitler is currently focused on the enemy within, after that is exhausted they will need to start on the enemy without.

• mean_bean279@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      2 months ago

Oh well if Wikipedia says it is then I guess we have no choice. Who invented the toaster again?

• Flying Squid@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      2 months ago

ultimate mega hitler

If Trump wins and he starts marching the Latino and queer people into camps like in the threats his people are making, I want you to remember that you said this.

link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            2 months ago

Show me where anyone is threatening internment camps for gay people.

The Latino thing is going to be the exact same thing that all 4 of the last sitting presidents did, but you’re going to act like it’s worse when someone red is in charge.

• Flying Squid@lemmy.world
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              arrow-down
              ·
              2 months ago

Trump has promised that, if reelected, his administration will rescind federal policies that prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation and gender identity, and will assert that federal civil rights laws don’t cover anti-LGBTQ discrimination. In addition to rolling back existing protections, a second Trump administration will proactively mandate discrimination by the federal government wherever it can. Lastly, and perhaps most ominously, if Trump returns to the White House, we expect his administration to use federal law – including laws meant to safeguard civil rights – as a cudgel to override critical state-level protections for transgender students and to force state and local governments, as well as private organizations, to allow or even perpetuate discrimination

https://www.aclu.org/news/lgbtq-rights/trump-on-lgbtq-rights-rolling-back-protections-and-criminalizing-gender-nonconformity

But sure, no direct evidence of concentration camps, so all of that is fine. Nothing to worry about. That certainly couldn’t possibly escalate and it definitely isn’t bad enough to do something about.

The Latino thing is going to be the exact same thing that all 4 of the last sitting presidents did, but you’re going to act like it’s worse when someone red is in charge.

That’s just a lie: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/article/2024/may/03/trump-mass-deportations-detention-camps-military-migrants

link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        2 months ago

Good, I’d rather not talk to people who settle their differences of opinion by stamping their feet and plugging their ears.

• Zipitydew@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      2 months ago

Ansar Allah could just take Iran’s fist out of their ass. But they seem to love being front line puppets.

• nonailsleft@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      2 months ago

I have little hope you’ll grab the concept, but

Did that ‘war’ start with the Houthis firing missiles, or them being fired upon?