• tal@lemmy.todayOP
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

Note that this is “gas” as the term is typically used in the US – short for “gasoline”, not “natural gas”.

• AutoTL;DR@lemmings.worldB
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

This is the best summary I could come up with:

Often without directly claiming responsibility, Ukraine has stepped up drone strikes on energy infrastructure within Russia with the aim of cutting off supplies and funding for Moscow’s war machine.

While Russia still generates profits from oil despite sanctions against the resource, continued Ukrainian drone attacks on Russian refineries prompted a government ban on gasoline exports between March and July to safeguard price stability.

This was extended to August and last week, Russia’s Federal Antimonopoly Agency said it may reinstate the ban amid concerns about prices at the pump, in particular about shortages of Ai-95-rated gasoline, preferred by newer car engines.

Last week, Russia’s deputy prime minister Alexander Novak referred to difficulties with Ai-95 and said that the export ban could be reimposed after August 1, if “the situation gets tense,” regarding gasoline supplies, according to Reuters.

Russia’s SHOT and Mash Telegram news channels said that blasts were heard near the refinery and video shared on social media purported to show the moment of impact on the facility which is owned by Russian oil major Rosneft.

“Full view of the drone hitting an oil refinery in Tuapse, Krasnodar region of Russia,” posted Ukrainian internal affairs adviser Anton Gerashchenko on X next to a clip of the purported strike, “impressive.”

The original article contains 435 words, the summary contains 208 words. Saved 52%. I’m a bot and I’m open source!

• skillissuer
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

Tuapse manufactures fractions (not gasoline or such) for export only, so restrictions would have been an effect of other refinery strikes