• ✺roguetrick✺@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    2 months ago

Listen brother, I eat meat but if you go into a vegan post and get into an argument about veganism, you’re not being trolled, you’re the troll.

• Serinus@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      2 months ago

It doesn’t help that the vegans are right. The meat industry is a nightmare, terrible for the environment, and pretty bad for our health.

It’s insane that most Americans eat meat every day.

If I could put 100% tax on meat tomorrow I would, but that’s political suicide, so it’ll never happen. It’d be easier to adjust than you think. There are plenty of delicious vegetarian options, and it’d be a lot easier to choose those if they were more common.

I eat meat because it’s culturally acceptable, delicious, ubiquitous, and I don’t believe I can make a noticeable difference. But that doesn’t mean I think it’s right.

• OBJECTION!@lemmy.ml
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        2 months ago

I don’t believe I can make a noticeable difference.

Not eating meat won’t change the systemic problems but it will mean fewer animals will be subject to the industry. Over the course of a lifetime, the number of animals you can save adds up.

Also it’s a good habit to transfer thoughts and beliefs into actions.

• KⒶMⒶLⒶ WⒶLZ 2Ⓐ24@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          2 months ago

Not eating meat won’t change the systemic problems but it will mean fewer animals will be subject to the industry.

more animals are breed and slaughtered every year than the year before. being vegan has never reduced that

• threeduck@aussie.zone
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            2 months ago

What bizarre logic, what thorough lack of object permanence.

Just because meat eating outpaces veganism doesn’t mean vegans haven’t reduced the consumption of meat?

I don’t even think you know what you’re saying now. If the whole world went vegan today, there’d be no meat animal slaughter. YOU are the cause of this problem.

“Oh world hunger is getting worse, I better stop my charity donations!”

“Oh greenhouse gas emissions are on the rise, might as well go back to oil and gas!”

Like, you realise how foolish that argument is, right?

• KⒶMⒶLⒶ WⒶLZ 2Ⓐ24@lemmy.world
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              arrow-down
              ·
              2 months ago

Just because meat eating outpaces veganism doesn’t mean vegans haven’t reduced the consumption of meat?

that’s exactly what it means. consumptiion of meat continues to grow. it has not been reduced.

• OBJECTION!@lemmy.ml
                link
                fedilink
                arrow-up
                ·
                edit-2
                1 month ago

I simply cannot believe that “AnarchistsForKamala@lemmy.world” would have a brain-meltingly bad take like this. Shocking.

Where do you think the meat on your plate comes from? What do you think causes meat production to increase?

• OBJECTION!@lemmy.ml
                    link
                    fedilink
                    arrow-up
                    ·
                    1 month ago

Literally a 5 year old could grasp this.

When you buy something, it tells the person who sold it to you to stock more of it, which tells the people making it to make more of it. Since meat production involves killing animals, it means that when you buy meat, it causes more animals to be killed. If you go vegan and stop buying meat, it causes there to be less demand, which reduces the number of animals killed compared to if you didn’t.