• NocturnalMorning@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    2 months ago

I would believe that. I still think the media crucified him unnecessarily after the debate. Plenty of shitty policies to criticize him over. I’m honestly surprised at how quickly people turned on him after most people on here saying he’s old, but he’s doing OK as president and ill vote for him. Makes me wonder if lemmy has the same bot problem everywhere else does.

• timbuck2themoon@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      2 months ago

Have you noticed that Lemmy is particularly quiet since Biden dropped?

I’d say a ton are bots and trolls. Just awaiting new marching orders right now.

• brucethemoose@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      2 months ago

Axios had a good quote on this. “Hell hath no fury like a press corps scorned.”

Basically, Biden’s campaign and presidency have been constantly telling the press corps that he’s totally fine and spry, which was a total lie they were covering up. It made the press look like idiots, and they were pissed, so they did their job and dug and hyped everything they could find, and everything they had been sitting on, after the debate.

• TimLovesTech (AuDHD)(he/him)@badatbeing.social
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 months ago

I think it was the perfect storm of sickness/tiredness/anger/and his speech issues that become magnified with any of the above. And he was never a spring chicken, but he has been doing the job just fine, but the media suddenly saw a way to cash in on their constant both sides bullshit and jumped on the “Biden old” train along with the fascists.

Is he old, yes. And he should have long since retired, but he is still alert enough to have a conversation with people and make decisions, both of which have been glaring issues for Trump.

If anything the media should worry about their constantly giving a platform to fascist talking points and fear of losing revenue because they are “taking sides”. I think reporting on the real issues surrounding Trump and Project 2025 is perfectly valid without needing to “balance” their reporting with something negative about the democratic candidate. It’s actually the job of the press to report the facts, not to always both sides everything to maintain a fake neutrality.

• frostysauce@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          2 months ago

If anything the media should worry about their constantly giving a platform to fascist talking points and fear of losing revenue because they are “taking sides”.

They’re not afraid of losing ad revenue or anything like that. “The media” is a collection of a few corporations. They push corporate agendas disguised as news. Any ad revenue and whatever viewership they may lose will pale in comparison to the tax breaks and deregulation they know they will get under another Trump administration. Corporations are for Trump (and if advantageous to them, fascism) because they are motivated by nothing but greed. And corporations are the media, so this is what we get.

• TimLovesTech (AuDHD)(he/him)@badatbeing.social
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            2 months ago

Under Schedule F of Project 2025 Trump (and his horrible fascist administration) will look to replace possibly hundreds of thousands of career civil servants in all branches of the government and fill them with pro-fascist bodies ready to rubber stamp everything. And part of 2025 is also making it so non-fascist friendly media loses their licenses and basically be forced to conform to the US version of RT, or fold.

He is going to demand loyalty or he will shut it down. They aren’t going to get any tax breaks or deregulation, he doesn’t see them as people (unless they write BS positive “news” about him his people can print out for him).