Alt text: a post from @lolennui.bsky.social that says: Once my German friend asked what creative people do without arts grants and other support in the US and I felt like a parent trying to explain to their kid that the puppies can die sometimes

• Wes4Humanity@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

I assume from context that you mean they support Palestine and are against Israel’s genocide… Which doesn’t make them Nazis… Actually kinda makes them not Nazis… Not sure how/why it’s possible that Israel turned into Nazis, but they did.

Correct me if I misread the context

• مهما طال الليل@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        2 months ago

Have I been misled? I thought Germans in general were pro-Israel and anti-Palestine. Perhaps just the government, media and police? I have seen German police brutalizing pro-Palestine protestors, I just thought it was a minority that are protesting.

• Wes4Humanity@lemm.ee
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          2 months ago

My apologies then… I misinterpreted your original comment… I’m pretty sure you’re correct that the Germans in general super support Israel… or at least what I’ve seen in the media or online makes it seem that way… But yeah, it could also be the government vs what the people really think kinda thing… Like in the US