Moving to a daily format as weekly threads tend to be buried under new content.

• Maharashtra@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

It began quite bad, since I had to wake up and it turned out I’m still alive and in a condition that doesn’t prevent me from going to work.

It’s getting better, though. My initial zombie state of existence has evolved into “brain tries to escape via my ears”. Which is terrific, since it will allow me to get through another a few hours of work.

The weather is also getting better, I’m not sure when was the last time I’ve seen such massive dark clouds suggesting heavy rains.

4/5 stars, would live through again. 👌

• souperk@reddthat.com
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

Today, I had an wild experience with a stranger.

Me and a colleague were working from a cafe when a lady in her 50s asked to interrupt us. She was having trouble accessing the tickets her husband sent her and wanted to see if we could help out. We decided to help out.

We did not foresee how technological illiterate that lady was.

1. We had to reset her apple store password, which she spelled out loud while she was typing.
    2. Then, she had to sign-up on the tickets app which required a bunch of personal info (name, dob, ID number, etc), and of course she asked us to type them out because it’s hard for her.

In a few minutes’ time, the lady was happy to see her tickets on her phone, and we had our coffees for free and an awkward amount of a stranger’s personal info.

Of course, when I got home I phoned my mom to remind her not to share personal information with strangers.

• s4if@lemmy.my.id
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

Wednesday is always a busy day for me. Work starts from 7 AM and ends at 5 PM. Not a big deal as I can bear with it…
    It is 5.10 PM when I am writing this, and I am happy atm because the work finally over. XD Have a nice day, folks!

• abbadon420@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

Working in the office today. In the four hours I’ve been here, I’ve done an hour worth of work, max. That includes an hour of “team meeting”, last minute preparations for a class nobody showed up for and grading part of a student’s final assignment.

I’m not against working in the office, but I see why some are.

• BrianTheeBiscuiteer@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

In the office is definitely a different experience. It’s much more social which is something I do enjoy but chit chat isn’t great for productivity. I hope my company is prepared for the drop when we all go back in.

• orangeNgreen@lemmy.worldM
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

Overall things are well. I have a job that pays well, and a loving family. But I can’t help daydreaming about how life would be if I didn’t have to work anymore.

• GadgetGirlOz@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

Started off super excited, to watch my Australian women’s soccer team the Matildas play in their FIFA World Cup semi-final against England…

Now just disappointed that we came so far and missed out right before the grand final.

• BrianTheeBiscuiteer@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

I’ve had some kind of illness for more than a week and I was just tired of being sick. I finally got the courage to see a doctor and they prescribed me some antibiotics (I’m not afraid of doctors but I’ll often suffer through illnesses for much longer than necessary). Two days later I’m feeling alright and hopefully I’m coming out of the tunnel on this one.

• JoelJ@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

It’s winter down where I live, and I’m getting a bit sick of the cold. I can’t wait until spring when the sun is up when I get out of bed and I’m not shivering my arse off while getting dressed

• BlazeOP
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

On my side, pretty good, had a nice bank holiday yesterday, went to the beach, it was nice.

• Xenxs@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

Yeah pretty good overall. :)

Working from home full-time, manager leaves me alone because he acknowledges I’m doing a good job and is happy to let me do things my way. Spend some time with my little one today, just keeping an eye on my emails.

Weather’s nice so will likely fire up the grill later 👍

• AndreyAsimow@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

Since I’m off today I got up late. Had a Great night with my wife last night and fell asleep while hugging.

Today I witnessed an engagement and the guy thanked me for arranging everything. Got a hug from the woman as well.

5/5