• ThrowawayOnLemmy@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

It’s hilarious actually.

Left leaning people hate him for his current alignment to Trump. Right leaning people hate him because he said he was a never trumper back in 2016 and they won’t forgive that.

And dude has the personality of a wet rag, so he can’t get anyone interested in him.

This is another classic Trump deal turned to shit.

• ccunning@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

Right leaning people hate him because he said he was a never trumper back in 2016

…also the far-right hate him because his wife isn’t white.

• Yawweee877h444@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

It really is too good to be true. It was such a bad decision by trump, you have to wonder if we’re missing something, he’s that bad. And it was apparently trumps sons who talked him into it!

We’re back to Sarah Palin levels of bad VP pick here. Just wait until we get closer to the election and he starts talking even more.

• niucllos@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 months ago

At least Sarah Palin came with the illusion of bringing a demographic McCain didn’t already have in the bag, Vance is just doubling down on the MAGA crowd while alienating a portion of them. It’s fantastic

• captainlezbian@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            1 month ago

Well there’s the answer I think is true and the scandalous but funny one. My bet is that Vance is bought and paid for and loyal to him. My scandalous answer is that he’s the McCarthy to Thiel’s Cohn

• rayyy@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 month ago

Baby face Vance was supposed to draw Appalachian and rust belt folks. It repelled them.

• Billiam@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      2 months ago

This is another classic Trump deal turned to shit.

That’s what happens when you pick your VP based on who kisses your ass the hardest instead of who adds value to it.

edit: Yeah, when I said “it” I meant a campaign.

• samus12345@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 months ago

Classic fascism. Hitler surrounded himself with ass-kissers rather than competent people, too.

• rayyy@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 month ago

Vance will kiss ass until he sees the opportunity to stick a knife in someone’s back. He is all for himself.

• fluxion@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 month ago

And they likely can’t backtrack because Peter Thiel probably made all kinds of financial arrangements with Trump in exchange for making his puppet the VP.

The wannabe billionaire oligarchs went full mask off on destroying our democracy as soon as they thought Trump had it in the bag, and it’s time to reap the whirlwind.

• ThrowawayOnLemmy@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        1 month ago

They aren’t about to back down now that Biden has stepped down. If anything, I expect them to get more desperate and dangerous as we get closer to the election. I totally expect significantly more misinformation, deep fakes, fake news websites, all designed to split democratic support for Kamala Harris, encourage people not to vote, and double down on Trump praise.

Best thing anyone can do is tune it all out and just vote. Don’t get too caught up in the politics, because you know your mind is already made up. Do your civic duty, and don’t feed the trolls.

I also fully expect them to say this election was stolen if they lose, and attempt to usurp power by any means. So just be ready for that too, it’ll be a lot different than last time since they aren’t in power.

• Sunroc@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

Also interracial marriage and children turns off the racist park of the ticket, which is sadly not and insignificant part of their party.