• merc@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 month ago

I also think his ties to Peter Thiel should be emphasized.

Thiel is an immigrant, a banker, a San Francisco resident, an FBI informant, and (worst of all to the Republicans), he’s a “groomer” (i.e. he’s gay).

How is he tied to JD Vance? He worked directly for Thiel at his VC firm for 2 years. Then, when he ran in 2021, it was Thiel who backed his campaign. This isn’t just a guy who has Thiel among his rich backers, this is a guy who is basically owned by Thiel.

• vaultdweller013@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      1 month ago

Is it horrible for me to say I hope this backfires on Thiel specifically and he gets sent to the reaper? Cause everytime I find out more about Thiel the more he reminds me of the nobles and clans my ancestors killed off in the past for being dangerous.

• merc@sh.itjust.works
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 month ago

I suspect almost everyone who knows anything about Thiel hates him and wants things to backfire for him. I can’t see him dying, but I could see him hauled up in front of congressional investigations, having the military stop doing business with him, etc.

I am almost surprised it hasn’t backfired on him yet. If you were to pick exactly the kind of person Trump is riling his base up against, it would be Thiel. It seems like it’s only a matter of time before they turn on him.