kittenzrulz claims that the takeover of this community was entirely over links getting burned out. this post would appear to contradict that.

furthermore, they completely disregarded my points in the questions i asked, particularly around the ideological motive around the changes they made when giving feedback, and failed to respond when i pushed them on the point, despite posting elsewhere.

i would argue that both the mod of this community, and the admin of the instance, are hostile to anarchist and leftist politics, and cannot be trusted. recommend finding a new instance.

• Ada@lemmy.blahaj.zone
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 month ago

The post you linked to by MindTraveller is an active misrepresentation of events.

Traveller and I are not “in agreement” about much of anything. Their politics are very far removed from mine

This is the text of the message I sent advising that I was shutting the group down.

After consideration, I’ve decided that non voters does not really fit the stated goals of blahaj zone. Your motives for creating it seem based on a personal vendetta, and whilst your views are genuine, nothing constructive comes from the community. All it does is create division, because its sole purpose is to target others, without really focusing on any progressive ideas or discussion of its own.

At the moment, it’s causing more harm than good to the overall community.

I’ll leave the community open, so that if you choose to set the community up on another instance, you will have the opportunity to direct them to the new location.

Given the post which you linked, (which I had not seen until now) I will be removing Traveller and the new community, because once more, the goal appears to be to create division

My goal of blahaj zone is not political. The goal is to allow trans people to have a space where they can exist on their own terms, without having to pretend to be someone they’re not. My own political views are closer to Links/LibertyHub than nonvoters or its ilk. Yet as long as there is no bigotry or gatekeeping, then trans people with politics at odds with my own are welcome. It’s why we have an “armed queers” community, despite my own strong distaste for gun culture.

Communities/posters that exist primary to create division, without adding anything positive back, have no place here.

• belligerentkitten@lemmy.blahaj.zoneOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 month ago

well thank you for clarifying and doing this much, i guess. but frankly this hasn’t been a safe place, none of this situation has been okay and i’m extremely not comfortable with grail’s behaviour as well. i’ve moved to hexbear despite my political differences with them and they’re honestly creating a far safer and more welcoming space for me as an anarchist and trans person. like seriously sort this place out if you want it to be safe for trans people. it currently is not.

• Ada@lemmy.blahaj.zone
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 month ago

like seriously sort this place out if you want it to be safe for trans people. it currently is not.

Hexbear is only safe for trans folks whose politics don’t clash too strongly with theirs. They have a whole community dedicated to dunking on folk who disagree with them, and that includes trans folk. If you step too far from what they deem acceptable, harassing and dogpiling is seen as an acceptable response.

Many of the trans folks on blahaj zone, despite being left aligned, would be deemed to be “libs” by Hexbear, and actively harassed until they left.

If you think that it’s ok that the majority of folk on this instance (well, the majority of trans folk anywhere to be honest) are valid targets for harassment, I don’t know what to tell you other than we have very different ideas of what trans safety looks like.

• Ambii [She/They]@lemmy.ml
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          1 month ago

I’ve seen you repeat this three times now and I don’t understand why you feel the need to exaggerate so heavily.

You can look the posts up, they’re in the first ten pages of the top year posts (i.e. since hexbear started federation with other instances). Or don’t, and you can continue scaring people away from from a place that aggressively moderates to keep its trans users away from bad actors at the first sign of trouble.

• Ada@lemmy.blahaj.zone
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            1 month ago

To the best of my knowledge, the dunk tank is still there, which is a community centered around harassment of “libs”. Unless the admins have stepped in to remove that community, then my comment still stands.

• db0@lemmy.dbzer0.com
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            1 month ago

Those statements are misleading. hexbears routinely break and bend their own dunk tank rules when they feel salty enough.

link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              ·
              edit-2
              1 month ago

You can look it up bud i don’t really give a shit what the guy who popularized the term ‘brigading’ thinks.

• db0@lemmy.dbzer0.com
                link
                fedilink
                arrow-up
                ·
                edit-2
                1 month ago

Again, this is not a matter of a report. it’s a matter of culture. The hexbears and often the hexbear mods themsleves routinely ignore your own rules in the sidebar instead of respecting them, and then you expect the victimized party to handle it. This keeps happening to people and they keep bringing it up for a reason.

• db0@lemmy.dbzer0.com
                    link
                    fedilink
                    arrow-up
                    ·
                    edit-2
                    1 month ago

I don’t know, mate , It doesn’t feel baseless when I and other instance admins have been personally the subject of multiple dunk tank posts with hundreds of comments and when your own admins open some themselves.

I don’t think we’re going to reach any understanding here. I’m not gonna be your snitch because your community keeps trying to hurt my feelings and then pretend that it never happened. I’m just calling it like it is.

The fact that I even got ridiculed by your community for the pointing your community rules in the threads breaking them, for me speaks volumes.

• Mechoselachia@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 month ago

When I hear “My goal of blahaj zone is not political,” I hear “I want my group to have no immune system so that fascism can insidiously sneak in past our noses.”

• Ada@lemmy.blahaj.zone
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 month ago

If I said “politics has no place on blahaj zone” that would be a fair accusation.

But politics explicitly has a place on blahaj zone, precisely because of the impact it has on the lives our community. It needs to be talked about. Politics has a place here, because it has to have a place here. But it’s not the primary reason the space exists.

link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 month ago

Your goal for the entire site is non-political. Being a safe space for trans people is a political goal, intrinsically, in my opinion. Do you have a wildly different definition of “political” than the one I’m using?

• Ada@lemmy.blahaj.zone
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            1 month ago

Your goal for the entire site is non-political.

We are a left leaning instance that is explicitly welcoming of political discussion, and home to several communities focused on politics.

You are mistakenly conflating the fact that we don’t center politics with the idea that we’re trying to avoid it.

link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              ·
              1 month ago

I know your secret, Ada; you want to protect trans people, and you use any power in your hands to save trans lives if and when you can. Being queer is a radical political act, and one which you and your community don’t just avoid, but are in full support of. It’s okay to acknowledge it. It’s a good thing, in fact.

• Ada@lemmy.blahaj.zone
                link
                fedilink
                arrow-up
                ·
                1 month ago

Why would I avoid it? I’m openly, loudly and proudly queer. In the daily I’m covered in pride symbol’s, and i have an estrogen tattoo.

I’m an advocate and an activist, and this space is part of it.

I’m political, but this space is a result of my politics, not a vehicle for it, because my advocacy includes people who don’t share my political views.

• Grail@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      1 month ago

Mindtraveller was nothing but supportive of Me the other day when I was being misgendered and grilled on My pronouns by other users. The only other people who were acting like trans allies were yourself and the two mods of this community. And I’m very grateful to you for removing the comments and kittenzrulz for allowing Me to return to this community. But Mindtraveller did something different, which was being deeply vocal about trans inclusivity, and I needed to hear that. It helped Me deal with the anxiety I get when I’m exposed to that sort of thing. Who’s going to yell at transphobes and run c/soulism if they’re gone?

Also it looks from this thread like the mods of this community are allowing Mindtraveller to be a member, since they have a comment in this thread. They say they’re cooperating with the mods of Liberty Hub and there’s not going to be any more infighting. Where’s the division?

link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        1 month ago

Also it looks from this thread like the mods of this community are allowing Mindtraveller to be a member, since they have a comment in this thread. They say they’re cooperating with the mods of Liberty Hub and there’s not going to be any more infighting. Where’s the division?

The mod(singular since the soulists chased the others out) is probably inactive and may also have been chased out because of the aftermath.

The division is how midtraveler is constantly starting arguments with people who don’t share their views. If hexbear gets defederated for this behavior, why did midtraveler get an admin endorsement when it only caused more division?

• Ada@lemmy.blahaj.zone
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 month ago

The division is how midtraveler is constantly starting arguments with people who don’t share their views. If hexbear gets defederated for this behavior

Hexbear was defederated because they allow dunking and targetting of folk they don’t agree with. They were defederated because of their dogpiling.

MindTraveller’s community was allowed to exist on the explicit provision that it didn’t do that.

And then it was removed when it became clear it was doing nothing but damaging the community.

• Grail@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            1 month ago

Can you explain what was the content of the removed post where Mindtraveller lied about you? What was Mindtraveller saying that wasn’t true?

• Grail@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 month ago

Telling people to use a trans person’s preferred pronouns isn’t starting an argument. The arguments were started when those people misgendered Me. There’s nothing wrong with responding negatively to transphobia. I’m very grateful that they did. It really helped with My mental health.

• Ranger@lemmy.blahaj.zone
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            1 month ago

Mindtraviler continually tried to rules lawyer in the communities I mod for when they where never active in those communities.

• Ranger@lemmy.blahaj.zone
                link
                fedilink
                arrow-up
                ·
                1 month ago

It was mostly through the report function & I’ve been unable to upload images. I made a post in meta talking about the image issue.

• Grail@lemmy.world
                  link
                  fedilink
                  English
                  arrow-up
                  ·
                  1 month ago

I had a problem with images too the other day. I couldn’t embed any links to imgur. So what are they reporting and why?

• TwiddleTwaddle@lemmy.blahaj.zoneM
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            1 month ago

There are others that respect Your pronouns without also behaving as confrontationally as MindTraveller. There’s plenty to criticize about them without misgendering anyone.

• Grail@lemmy.world
              link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              ·
              1 month ago

Well, I like that Mindtraveller was mean to the people who misgendered Me. It made Me feel respected. I’m very grateful to Ada and Kittenzrulz, but they weren’t mean to transphobes like Mindtraveller was. Is that what all this is about, them being mean in that thread? I liked it. Do other people think it was bad?

link
                fedilink
                English
                arrow-up
                ·
                edit-2
                1 month ago

Well, I like that Mindtraveller was mean to the people who misgendered Me.

And again when the mean tankies do it it’s “dogpiling.”

Midtraveler wasn’t just mean, they were belligerent at any perceived slight towards their beliefs. They created a comm dedicated to specifically “satirize” this comm as a reaction to having their transphobia allegations denied (and their first attempt to shut this comm down) after they took offense at the mod’s stances.

I don’t understand why Ada didn’t immediately see that it was clearly directly targeting members of this community and it’s one of the reasons I decided to stop using this instance.

• Grail@lemmy.world
                  link
                  fedilink
                  English
                  arrow-up
                  ·
                  edit-2
                  1 month ago

Well, I can’t see Non Voters because it’s banned, but what I can see is that the modlog of Liberty Hub says they were unbanned from here 3 days ago. So if that community was created to attack this one, then it’s clearly been forgiven by Liberty Hub. And c/soulism didn’t have any personal attacks when I visited it. So where’s the division? Who exactly is still fighting this fight other than you and Ada? If Mindtraveller quit fighting Liberty Hub and Liberty Hub quit fighting Mindtraveller, what’s the problem? Why aren’t we all friends? I like Ada, I like kittenzrulz, I like Mindtraveller. It seems like kittenzrulz likes Mindtraveller and I haven’t seen any evidence that Mindtraveller doesn’t like kittenzrulz. They’re saying in this thread that they’re working together. So it seems like all of us are getting along. Who’s still fighting? Ada, apparently, and I don’t know why.

I didn’t like this community either when LOC misgendered Me. But LOC apologised, I forgave them, and this community even had a change in leadership and resolved not to ban people so often. Now I like this community. Mindtraveller and kittenzrulz are getting along now too. There was a problem, it got fixed, now everyone’s friends. Right?

• kittenzrulz123@lemmy.blahaj.zoneM
                    link
                    fedilink
                    arrow-up
                    ·
                    1 month ago

I wish things were that simple, right now this community is tearing itself from within. Nothing I do, nor how much I apologize appears to appease many of these people.

link
                fedilink
                arrow-up
                ·
                1 month ago

Nice strawman. That’s not what I’m referring to at all. I understand that I was vague enough in my previous response to leave room for that though, so fair enough.

I’m living my real actual life right now and don’t have time to articulate why they’re toxic, because it’s friday night for me. I respect you enough to give You this much for now. If I’m still of the same mind tomorrow I’ll try to elaborate further, again out of respect for You

• Grail@lemmy.world
                  link
                  fedilink
                  English
                  arrow-up
                  ·
                  1 month ago

Thank you. It’s just that I’ve seen nothing but good things from them. And I understand precisely why these good things would make some people upset. What I don’t understand is why anyone sensible is mad at them. And I can’t see the post Ada says they’re lying about either, so I can’t check any of this Myself.

link
                    fedilink
                    arrow-up
                    ·
                    1 month ago

You know what? I have changed my mind after sleeping off my drinks.

Already in this thread You have engaged in strawman arguments and sealioning. I won’t engage with that level of bad faith in this community. Under Link’s moderation it never would have stayed up here at all.

I miss the old LibertyHub already.