I just got laid off so my tractor factory could send my job to Mexico

• Bizzle@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 month ago

I’m not scared, it’s Deere. Deere spent an ass load of money on stock buybacks and sent our jobs to Mexico so they could make line go up and enrich themselves at the cost of their workforce and product quality. Now instead of paying me $40/hr they can give a Mexican $5 (which I understand isn’t even that good in Mexico) and John May can afford caviar and luxury furs for his horses.

Still making record profits though, praise be to Line, the only thing that matters.

• corsicanguppy@lemmy.ca
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 month ago

You’ll find that one of your voting options promotes this far more often than the other. If this is your single-issue vote, you’ll be happy to know that you may debatably have been in good hands, but you were in the best hands.

I’m sorry the umbrella of unionization didn’t extend far enough to protect you this time, but I hope it will have by next time; and I hope you have a good job quickly.

• Bizzle@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 month ago

Trump will 100% send the rest of our jobs to Mexico just like did with Carrier. I really hope Future President Harris doesn’t.