Not strictly Navidrome news, but related. Version 3.5.0 of my favourite mobile subsonic client app was released. It delivers some new features (like filtering downloaded items by track, album or artist), several bugfixes and a full german localization.

You can download it from Github releases or IzzyOnDroid.

• butter@midwest.social
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

Tempo does not rely on magic algorithms to decide what you should listen to. Instead, the interface is built around your listening history, randomness, and optionally integrates with services like Last.fm to personalize your music experience.

Can you speak to this? Does it work? Does it work well?

• RyanOPM
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      10 months ago

You basically have two ways of accessing your library, one is conventional, browse by artist, album, and so on. the other - and that’s the home screen and thus more prominently placed - has categories like “Discover”, “Made for you”, “Top songs from last week”, “New releases”, “Flashback by decade” and more. As to the Last.fm integration, I do not know of any app specific integration, maybe it’s a planned feature? My Navidrome server however has Last.fm and Spotify integration enabled to retrieve artist/album artwork and information. It’s returned and displayed by Tempo, but I don’t think it knows about the origins of that data. Tempo manages to put a lot of options to access your music onto the homescreen without making it look overwhelming. I just love it.