Transcription:

Text: My browser when I open the 42nd tab and beyond

A 2 panel image of Michael Jordan: Stop it. Get some help.

• fatalicus@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 month ago

Yeah, I’m in the same boat.

I’ll have a lot of tabs open with documentation and such as I’m working on things, but at the end of the day they are all either bookmarked if I need to continue the next day, or closed as I close my browser.

Then we have people like one of the consultants we have, that has 100+ tabs open, in several browser windows (different profiles), at all times. I wonder how much money we’ve wasted on him just by waiting for him to find the right tab when he wants to show us something in meetings…

• tyler@programming.dev
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 month ago

That dude is just slow and doesn’t understand his tools. I have several thousand tabs open and it takes all of half a second to jump to any one of them. FF allows you to search open tabs just by using the address bar. Let’s say you’re researching camera lenses and you have 5 youtube videos open, several forum posts, the lens maker’s website open, and a bunch of different sales websites like adorama and b&h open. Do you literally bookmark those and close them all to end your day and then just reopen them the next? Why not just leave them open. FF handles it fine.