• cheesymoonshadow@lemmings.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 month ago

My husband loves trains and chocolate. It’s his birthday on Sunday but I work that day so on Saturday I’m taking him on a surprise scenic railroad trip to a chocolate factory.

• lefty7283@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 month ago

Bad movie night with some friends tonight, and then absolutely nothing the rest of the weekend (we’re watching Adam Sandler’s first movie, Going Overboard). Just gotta make it through this mornings exam

• ____@infosec.pub
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 month ago

Hopefully recovering a bit more day by day from unexpected medical stuff, maybe a lil gig work because it seems to be the only exercise I get, otherwise just hiding from the heat abd holing up in the AC with my wife.

Doesn’t sound exciting, but it’s a significant improvement over where I was a couple weeks ago abd that’s definitely not lost on me.

No pot because legal state but one of my docs is in a non legal state. No booze because bad combo with recent ish stomach surgery. That’s not necessarily a negative, but having a hard stop on both is certainly different. Opportunity for a bit of reflection though, which is never a bad thing.

• orca@orcas.enjoying.yachts
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 month ago

I started playing Amnesia: Rebirth recently, so more of that. I go inline skating every Saturday, despite the 90+ degree heat and it’s a great workout. Basically 3-4 hours straight of cardio and I don’t hate a single second of it. Other than that, reading, sleep, and taking my wife somewhere for breakfast. Need the downtime after a fairly busy week.

• ____@infosec.pub
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 month ago

Sounds like a ton of fun, might just put that on my list of possibilities for getting more exercise once I get done healing and fixing my shoulder.

Can’t afford to risk falling on the damn thing even once more until I actually get it repaired, but really hoping to get into some cardio once that mess is behind me.

• orca@orcas.enjoying.yachts
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 month ago

I grew up playing hockey and it’s been nice to have such a nostalgic workout regimen. Definitely less risk of shoulder injury with how lower-body focused it is. If you do get into it, make sure to always wear wrist guards at the very least. I started off 2023 with a broken wrist and had to use a split keyboard for months because I couldn’t turn my wrist. Pretty rough as a programmer lol.

• Skua@kbin.earth
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 month ago

Heading along to a friend’s housewarming. I am bringing sangria and, so long as I don’t fuck up making it tonight, tiramisu. Very much looking forward to it.

• eran_morad@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 month ago

I think, and i hope, that we have no plans. We need to chill the F out after a highly stressed week. Maybe take a walk on Sunday, get some iced coffee for us and $7 pastries (ugh) for the boys.

• RebekahWSD@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 month ago

Make curry for dinner after my husband and sibling come back from the outside world.

Tomorrow do Pokémon GO raids, hopefully? If not raids, go to the library. There are several books I want to check out.

Do the weekly bedroom deep clean, and setup the cat door again because we have to bring mothers cat over to watch her while mother goes on vacation.

• Sunny' 🌻@slrpnk.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 month ago

Fixing the loose ethernet cables that I’ve stretched across the house properly along the walls, so it looks more neat. Going shopping for more plants to fill the house and office with. And heading out with some friends for a few drinks 👍