• unexposedhazard
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      1 month ago

Probably in reference to the athletes that have personally signed bombs dropped on Gaza. Although that one is a Ukrainian man competing for Israel.

Generally Israel shouldnt be allowed to compete officially the same as Russia. This is how politics works, the atrocities a state commits, should be expected to have consequences that affect their citizens. Not always fair, but thats how the world works.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/israels-paris-olympics-flagbearer-signed-bombs-targeting-gaza-civilians/ar-BB1qzgMH

• unexposedhazard
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          edit-2
          1 month ago

I agree its not exactly “the same” but that doesnt matter. There are indisputable massive violations of human rights and tons of warcrimes currently being commited. Thats plenty reason to exclude a country. Along those lines the active slavery nations US and China should be stripped of their flags and colors but we all know the powers that be wont allow that.

• Carrolade@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        1 month ago

Paid trolls cannot be starved, since they’re being fed by being paid. They can be counter-trolled and/or outmaneuvered though.

Kitboga being the most legendary example I can think of.

https://youtu.be/sRMMwpDTs5k

• Linkerbaan@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      1 month ago

There are many IDF soldiers with the American nationality in your list so your argument fails. But israeli Olympians have also been directly signing the bombs used for the Genocide in Gaza.

• breadsmasher@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        1 month ago

I am asking sincere questions. If you have a list of names that answers my question, fantastic. I am literally asking for that list.

Russian olympians should not be competing. As well as the whole country.

IDF soldiers, and Israeli olympians, absolutely should not be signing bombs and then competing.

As an aside, and not a “gotcha”, and not a whataboutism. Countries committing genocide should not be competing.

Again,a sincere question.

What is your stance on North Korea, China, Rwanda or Syria also competing?

• Linkerbaan@lemmy.worldOP
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          edit-2
          1 month ago

Russian olympians should not be competing. As well as the whole country.

IDF soldiers, and Israeli olympians, absolutely should not be signing bombs and then competing.

Wait why can’t Russians compete as a country, but israelis can compete as long as they’re not part of the IDF?

Palestinians are having a difficult time competing for some reason

• DarkCloud@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        1 month ago

Yes, I’ve seen video of Jewish-Americans in Israel occupying a house stolen from a Palestinian family.

I think there’s more than one… One with a crowd yelling at a man behind a garden gate. One where a man is trying to give the Palestinian milk from his own fridge (that’s still in the house)… But they’re both outside on the street when this happens.

I imagine there are news articles about such videos/cases.