• AFK BRB Chocolate@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 month ago

People seem to be making a lot of distinction about whether it was the bullet or shrapnel from something the bullet hit. I don’t see how it matters. Someone took a shot at him and got close enough that his ear got tagged. I hate the guy, but this is an academic distinction that doesn’t really matter.

• halloween_spookster@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 month ago

My personal conspiracy theory is that he wasn’t hit by anything but instead a secret service agent accidentally hurt his ear when they piled on top of him.

• faltryka@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 month ago

Completely agree. This distinction is immaterial in anyway other than serving up fuel to fanatics who will poorly represent his dissenters.

• Today@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 month ago

It doesn’t matter. Bullets are scary. Shrapnel is scary. What’s really ridiculous is his refusal to participate in the investigation. He turned a nothing into a something.

• silence7@slrpnk.netOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 month ago

I don’t think it was that, but it was unclear whether he had been grazed by a bullet or hit by a piece of shrapnel generated when a bullet hit an object near him, and the campaign was far from transparent about it