• seaQueue@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 month ago

Oh yeah, I’m not saying you did anything wrong I’m just telling people to protect themselves when they buy their products.

They make nice eink devices, they just have a tendency to implode fairly often so definitely have buyer protection for a couple of years if you’re going to spend on one.

There’s really nothing you can do to go after them either, I doubt they have enough of a presence in the US to make a small claim worthwhile.

I’d you bought yours with a credit card take a peek at your card agreement and see if you have any coverage for electronics purchases. You might have coverage for 1-2y for phones, tablets, computers, etc and could make a claim through your CC company.

• itchick2014 [Ohio]@midwest.social
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 month ago

I got it through PayPal and ain’t nobody got time for that lol. I definitely learned. I ended up with a new Kobo and am very happy with it so I am actually happier long term.

• barsquid@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 month ago

I appreciate it. I’m trying to find an ereader now and I can cross them off the list. I wish I had leapt on the Pine64 one while it was in stock but I desired the color screens too much.

• itchick2014 [Ohio]@midwest.social
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 month ago

I have been happy with my Kobo Libra Colour I picked up after the terrible experience with Boox. I wish a phone sized option was available from Kobo but I have been enjoying the option to use a stylus more than I expected.