Old article, but think it bears repeating. If anyone reading is still confused about the contrast between these two candidates, go and spend 5 minutes reading the comments on patriots.win

The gap of mental states between parties is unfathomable.

• Buffalox@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 month ago

Kind of goes with the fact that many republican policies are decidedly psychopathic.
    Like taking away food stamps, being against raising minimum wage, denying pregnant women life saving healthcare. Making it illegal to give water to immigrants and on and on.

I’ve been saying America as a nation has a mental health problem for the past decade. And it’s been getting worse. This problem is almost exclusively visible on the right.

Trump is a flaming malignant narcissistic psycho- and sociopath and malignant liar.
    To not be able to see that, you must share some of the same traits. Or to see it, and decide you want to vote for him anyway, also require sharing some of those traits.

• mightyfoolish@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 month ago

Trump is a flaming malignant narcissistic psycho- and sociopath and malignant liar. To not be able to see that, you must share some of the same traits.

Among other things such as rapist and criminal. Yet, he’s able to walk free and literally become the focus of THREE elections instead of you know actual issues! Where I live, two out-of-city companies own most of the single family homes up for rent; enjoying the slumlord lifestyle to the detriment of everyone else.

I said it earlier, Republicans have an opposition based moral system. They just pick something everyone else hates and cling to it. However, letting Trump be some force to overcome has inflated his ego and is making him a “hero for the conservative cause”. His momentum is media hype.

• tigeruppercut@lemmy.zip
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 month ago

The people who literally can’t understand empathy for something unless they’re directly connected to it, and often not even then? I’m shocked.

• CitizenKong@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 month ago

At the Nuremburg rallies, the prison psychologist Gustave Gilbert, who cared for the Nazi prisoners, defined evil as “the absence of empathy”.

• phoneymouse@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 month ago

It’s their superpower. Think about it. How are we going to defeat a bunch of psychopaths? They’re willing to do things we are not.

• Buffalox@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 month ago

One way would be to put them in prison when they do something criminal, you don’t have to be a psychopath to do that. Yet Trump remains a free man, which is a very bad example to set for other psychos.

• Zipitydew@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 month ago

For a long time I’ve joked about making communal psychedelic rituals a thing again. Probably the old raver in me. Would do the trick though.

• Optional@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 month ago

Yeah, again, science confirms what we knew years ago.

I’m not mad at you, science. It’s your sister Media I’m disappointed in.

• CharlesDarwin@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 month ago

I bet teachers can predict with a fair amount of certainty which of their students are going to be future Republican voters.