• yeehaw@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 month ago

Who the fuck cares if they’re black white gay straight trans, just so the fucking job well. That’s all anyone wants.

• yeehaw@lemmy.ca
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 month ago

I have. And I’m telling them to get over it and not care. Even though I know they’re too mentally unstable to accept the feedback.

• GiuseppeAndTheYeti@midwest.social
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          1 month ago

The unfortunate reality is that there’s plenty of older democrats, “moderate democrats”, and independents that also have a negative perception of the LGBT community.

• Ensign_Crab@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            edit-2
            1 month ago

And of course we listen to them, but order everyone on the left to STFU and adore the genocide.

No more. Let the pampered centrists vote blue no matter who. Let them practice what they preach for the very first time ever. They don’t get their very first choice? FUCKING GOOD. I hope they never do again. Their first choice in 2016 handed the presidency to Trump out of sheer stupid pigheaded hubris. Their judgement is garbage.

• finley@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 month ago

Oooohhhh, a lot of people reeeaaaally care. They shouldn’t, but they really do.

• nondescripthandle@lemmy.dbzer0.com
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 month ago

Their bigotry or mental health doesn’t make their votes worth less. You can cry about their sensibilities all you want but you need those votes to win regardless. Welcome to democracy.

• Timii@biglemmowski.win
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 month ago

Anybody that wants to know they have a representative that… represents them. Particularly for those that have never had someone of their class act as a representative.

There are several experiences/issues I wouldn’t have the first clue about good intentioned or not. To say ‘muh, just do the job well’ fails to appreciate that one cannot ‘do it well’ without intimately understanding under-represented constituents issues through… experience.

• Viking_Hippie@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      1 month ago

Which is why the do-nothing Secretary of Transportation and McKinsey grad who got the job to repay a favor is the wrong choice.

If anything, it could be awful for LGBTQ+ people if the first representation in the White House is a corporatist small town mayor who keeps failing upwards.