• UndercoverUlrikHD@programming.dev
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

Just gave Bob 3 crickets. She recently molted and got her black coat back which is nice. Once she’s fed and calm, I’ll have to change the soil in her terrarium. I’ll spare you from sharing a picture as I’m sure not everyone here wants to see black tarantula in the comments.

• Timecircleline@sh.itjust.works
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          2 months ago

What a pretty girl! I’ve never heard of the species before, she doesn’t look like she has stinging hairs at all, does she?

• UndercoverUlrikHD@programming.dev
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            2 months ago

Thank you :) She’s at her most striking now that her coat is fresh. Like most new world tarantulas she has urticating hairs. It’s more noticeable right before molting as she will get a noticeable bald spot on her abdomen. I’ve never seen her use them though, she prefer just running away, which is also what the species is known for.

It’s been a decade since I last checked up the market, but it’s a relatively rare species that can only be bought through breeders. They are closely related to their much more famous “cousin” Chilean Rose/Grammostola Rosea

• Tywèle [she|her]@lemmy.dbzer0.com
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

My cat Rune is doing fine. Although his head looks a bit rough because he keeps getting into fights with other cats. But since he only has scratches on his head I assume he at least wins his fights 😬

• cosmicrookie@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    2 months ago

I picked up 10 goldfish fry from a local private breeder who had a batch in may. Something went wrong in my grow out tank though and they all started dying already 4 days after! I managed to save one by giving it a salt treatment for a few days. It is now in my big tank, where the water parameters are very stable. I had to make a DIY fry cage though because the larger fish were a bit too interested in it and they may have tried swallowing it if they got hungry enough

• Today@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

One of mine won’t stop pottying outside of the box and it’s making me crazy! Others are fine and sweet and good, and really the bad one is sweet and lovey too, but I’m about to lose my fucking mind.