• BestBouclettes@jlai.lu
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    2 months ago

Well, then educate me and please share accurate information then.

My source is the Wikipedia page which is nicely sourced with plenty of Faroese references: Whaling in the Faroe Islands.

Unfortunately I can’t read Faroese, so maybe all that sourced information has been lost in translation ?

• BestBouclettes@jlai.lu
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        2 months ago

Well if you reread my comment, that was my original source and I’ve been told that it was inaccurate, so I asked for another source.

• Valmond@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        2 months ago

Ha ha it really is hard for some people to admit they are wrong “I will not discuss that” wtf lol.

• BestBouclettes@jlai.lu
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        2 months ago

Thanks for the information. Even though your source looks as biased as mine, at least I have contradictory information to make my mind on the matter.

I’m not trying to enlighten anyone on their culture, I respect all cultures but we need to weed out, or at the very least reform, cruel traditions and practices and that’s not limited to Faroese whaling or bullfighting.

It’s a good thing that whaling has been heavily reformed in the past few years, and it’s also aiming to lessen the suffering of the animals.