• BreadstickNinja@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      10 months ago

The site did change the headline. If you google the headline as it appears here, the archived original title from MSN comes up. Therefore, per your final sentence, there is no issue.

Reference image

Edit: OP even preserved the typo that was included in the original headline!

• Nougat@kbin.social
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            10 months ago

It is always good to have multiple people looking at published information, and talking together about how valid it is. In this case, the original title of the article misrepresented the Fulton County Sherriff’s Department, and that was an important thing to point out. It was doubly important for other commenters to correct me, and show that OP was not the one who wrote that title.

I got it wrong, and people very rightfully corrected me, and I accepted that correction and edited my comment accordingly (while also being very clear about my own error). OP has since changed the title, and I have deleted my parent comment, as I said I would.

This is the healthy and necessary discourse that needs to happen. It is not pointless.