• Rapidcreek@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 month ago

Higher risk/higher reward. Paul Pelosi takes higher risks. How is that so hard understand? He puts money into a company like Apple BEFORE it goes public. High risk. Then they go public and he makes millions. Then Buffet buys stock in Apple. They make more money. Buffet has just taken lower risk for lower profit. Pelosi doesn’t need inside information, just guts to make the bet. That’s what venture capital is.

• FuglyDuck@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 month ago

again! That’s.not. What. I’m. Saying.

I’m saying he has a significantly higher win-ratio. Not total profits. Win. As in, most of his investments- which are extremely risky investments- are actually profitable.

The risk-to-reward balance isn’t, hasn’t, been any part of my comments.

It’s that for every trade he makes, those trades are almost always profitable. Which is exactly opposite of what you would expect from the investment strategies he uses. In fact, you would expect that the vast majority of his trades end as complete losses.

Because of the high risk/high reward that you seem so fond of waiving about like it’s some magic gotcha.

its almost like he knows before hand which ventures are going to be profitable. (gee I wonder how that could possibly be.)